Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Gardening Brings About A New Project Idea

Monday was a much needed day off for my boyfriend, Nic and I. We were exhausted after catering the Grand Marshal Reception for the Utah Pride Festival on Friday night and a wedding all day on Saturday (not to mention more Pride Festival and BBQ fun on Sunday). We were lazy in bed for a few hours in the morning but then decided to get up and get our garden planted before it was too late. After looking through Lowes overpriced and underwhelming herb and vegetable starts, we drove over to Western Garden Center (http://www.westerngardens.com/) near Trolley Square in Salt Lake City. They had a great selection and much better prices --$2.29 for a 4" potted cherry tomato versus $3.99 for the same thing at Lowes. We bought a fun variety of plants that should be able to withstand our limited amount of sunlight, took them home and got them planted.
We put in (back to front): a row of dill seeds, rosemary, jerusalem artichokes, yellow bell peppers (in pots), marigolds, basil, three rows of carrot seeds, cilantro, oregano, wild strawberries, chamomile, cress seeds and radish seeds. As we were planting and sticking the little store bought signs in, I decided I needed to make some home-made markers instead. I got on etsy and found hundreds of different kinds of garden markers. These were my favorites:
... which obviously led me to figuring out how to make some of them. I discovered that all you need is a metal stamping kit, which only costs about $60. Needless to say, this will be my next purchase:
Stay posted for future metal stamping endeavors. This should be fun. 


2 comments:

  1. omg you could make spoon bracelettes that say cute things!

    ReplyDelete