Friday, August 2, 2013

Back To My Art Journal

Three years ago, during my "res" year (year of living and working in Washington to gain residency status for school), I needed an artistic outlet. I didn't have enough money to buy tons of canvases or even paper to put art on. I was also running out of space to store large pieces. I came across art journaling online while researching book binding techniques and I dove in head first. Art journals come in many forms such as scrapbooks, sketchbooks, diaries. My art journal would come to be a place to paint, stamp, doodle, collage, practice and share day to day thoughts and goings-on. I made my own art journal out of a composition book for the cover and filled it with pages made from old manila folders. I went about creating a page each day and did this until I started school and got way too busy in the fall of 2010.
Recently, I found my art journal again. I set up an art table. I went a little crazy on new supplies from Dick Blick and Michaels. And I've been artsy fartsy crazy! Here's what I've created:










No comments:

Post a Comment